SAVE THE DATE!! April 21-24, 2023
This page will be updated regularly as more dates are launched
The Great Alberta Bagineer Getaway is a chance to escape from the busy days and meet your fellow bagineers from within our community! Hang out in a non-instructional environment and have fun doing what we love - sewing, playing and socializing. As new getaways are posted, the details will be updated on this page including how it all comes together....
How does this work?
When I launch a new Great Alberta Bagineer Getaway, I will send out a newsletter with the link to purchase your available seat (newsletter signup is down below). In the past, these spots sell out within one to three days, so be sure to snag your seat as soon as possible. Here are a few notes for you:
- The getaway does not include your accommodation, but we get a room block from the hotel with a discounted rate, this may not be available until a week or two after registration for the retreat happens
- The getaway may have optional days for you to register for, this can be done later, not just at the time the spot is purchased
- Sewing machines are not provided, but we have very generous attendees, some of which are happy to bring a second machine for our guests that are flying in
- You are responsible for bringing your projects, tools, and materials to work on
- Any projects that we will do as a group will be identified within the event information before purchasing your seat
Once I fill up the seats, I create a private Facebook Group so that we can collaborate and chat amongst ourselves organizing all the upcoming events and sharing out all the sponsors and any discounts that are provided to us. I use my newsletter to send out regular communications to the attendees, as not everyone sees all the FB posts.
See the fun that we've had in the past:
Your safety is our priority!!!We strictly follow ALL Alberta health regulations! (AB COVID-19 Updates)
- Hand sanitizer will be available on-site at all shared spaces
- Sanitizing wipes are available at the shared table and the ironing stations
- Access to the event will be restricted to attendees only except during identified time periods for public shopping at the pop-up shops
- Meals are all to be eaten at your sewing station
- Masks will be encouraged when not at your station, although as provincial mandates don't require them it will be a personal decision for individuals